Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tiramisu in a glass - Eggless and Instant

If I ask Jacob what he wants for his birthday, he would say nothing. But if I insist he would ask for Tiramisu. Last birthday we made this instant tiramisu which is eggless too, in a glass. With an active toddler at home, this seemed to be an easy and perfect way to celebrate the birthday.







Since our lil one is also all game for the party and would want his share of tiramisu I avoided any addition of Marsala . It was awesome. Birthday boy was happy, his boy was happy to have tasted it and I was happy to see them both happy.











If you have not tried tiramisu, you are missing out on the easiest of the desserts and the yummiest of all desserts. You got to try it.





Ingredients

  1. 4-5 pieces of vanilla sponge cake
  2. 1 1/2 cups of vanilla custard
  3. 2 tsp of butter
  4. 3 tbsp of mascarpone cheese 
  5. 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee
  6. 1 tsp of sugar
For garnishing 
  1. Chocolate shavings
  2. Strawberries 

Method

  • Make custard out of the custard powder as per the instructions on the packet. Go for vanilla flavored custard. While it's hot, add the butter to it and mix it well. Let it cool. Chill it in the refrigerator before using it to make tiramisu.
  • Beat the mascarpone cheese in a bowl. To it add the custard and mix it well untill everything gets blend well. 
  • To the coffee, add sugar while it is hot. The coffee should be mildly hot when using it to assemble the tiramisu. 
  • In a glass, make a layer of the sponge cake. Moisten the cake with the coffee. Top it with a layer of custard. Repeat the sponge cake layer and custard layer untill you fill the entire glass. 
  • Chill it in the refrigerator overnight. 
  • Before serving garnish it with some chocolate shavings and strawberry.
Tips


  1. Usually tiramisu includes some Marsala as well. I have avoided using it as my little one would want a share from this tiramisu. If you would wish to add it, add it to the coffee and use it.
  2. I haven't mentioned any sugar in the recipe that goes into the custard. It would be as per the package instructions of the custard. It gets difficult to cook with the toddler around, so I went for custard powder. You could make the custard from scratch. The recipe for it is here .
  3. I ran out of cocoa powder and hence used the chocolate shavings as garnishing. You could use cocoa powder instead.









15 comments:

  1. it looks so tempting anyone would be happy...visit my page too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sinful cup of Tiramisu .. Loved the sharpness on the strawberries Anupa.. Decadent !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav dessert ever..whenever I have friends over this is something that i make very often..looks so so tempting..belated bday wishes to ur other half. Time surely flies..Can't believe ur lil baby is a toddler now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vineetha...he would be two in like 3 weeks time...time sure flies

      Delete
  4. I loooove mini desserts in a glass and tiramisu is my favorite. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What makes me crazy here is ,tiramishu without eggs.. You make my job easy ..since I don't eat eggs but hubby do so had lot of fight😀 now I can make this without hesitation

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully done Tiramisu looks yumm.I wonder how u manage all this with a kido at home.Anyway good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meena... I have a very active toddler who is a hand full which really explains why I went with an instant tiramisu for a birthday rather than the original version :)... This was pretty easy to put up while he napped

      Delete
  7. Wonderful presentation..really tempting me to try...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying us a visit :). If you happen to have tried any of the recipes posted here, please do leave a comment that could serve as a review for other fellow visitors of Palaharam.

Also, do feel free to send in your suggestions that could help us improve and serve you better using the 'Contact Us' form.

Blogging tips