Thursday, June 22, 2017

Blackberry Smoothie

Its always a joy to slurp over a smoothie on a hot afternoon. I consider it as a fun activity during my summer while I catch up on some movie :). And unlike having too many dishes to do after a whole lot of cooking, this is pretty simple and filling too. And I love smoothie because these are the most disguised way of making some fruits or berries go into my toddler....Shhh It's a secret. I cannot let that get revealed to him.






These blackberry smoothies look so pretty and taste amazing. We have been into too much smoothie lately, as the temperature rise and drink it as is, or may be even have it with cereals or oats. They are good.






Ingredients

  1. 1 1/2 cup of pitted, diced, fresh/frozen blackberries
  2. 3/4 cup of cold yogurt
  3. 2 tbsp of apricot jam
  4. 1 cup of cold milk
Method
  • In a blender, add the blackberries and blend it .
  • Then add the yogurt, jam and milk and run it untill everything gets blend nice and smooth.
  • Serve it chilled.
Tips

  1. You could use honey to sweeten up the smoothie as its a healthier option. I used apricot jam because it helps enhance the taste of smoothie.
  2. Do not use over fermented yogurt else your smoothie might taste tangy.
  3. It is always good to have the smoothies fresh. So try having it as soon as you make it rather than storing it in the refrigerator for later.




5 comments:

  1. Haha.. I know.. to make them eat something healthy we have to disguise them 😆 Lovely looking smoothie..blueberries is my fav and so I have it as such and have never tried smoothies with them.. maybe next time I get hold of some 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temperature is sky high here:( Even we opt for smoothies and milkshakes these days. I liked the addition of apricot jam to this. I am sure it will have a distinct effect on the smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very mild but distinct flavor gets added with the apricot jam. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are always so ethereal Anupa. Blackberries always taste so good in smoothies. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying us a visit :). If you happen to have tried any of the recipes posted here, please do leave a comment that could serve as a review for other fellow visitors of Palaharam.

Also, do feel free to send in your suggestions that could help us improve and serve you better using the 'Contact Us' form.

Blogging tips